Totally Pissed!

Seeing my sister pissed off all the time pisses me off as well. I’m currently sitting on the sofa with my family where my sister is constantly cursing ICAI (institute of charted accountant of India). For those of you who don’t know, this is the most prestigious course in commerce field in India. The knowledge CAs ( Charted accountants) acquire from this course is immense. They are so intelligent and knowledgeable that they can easily outsmart any other person of commerce field. I respect this field, partly, because of the knowledge provided and partly, because most of my family members are of commerce field and have done BCOM and CA.

Now you might be wondering that why is my sister pissed off, well seeing my father and other family members she also decided to do The prestigious course. Well she was perfect for the course- hard working, nerdy, intelligent and in addition she even has a great personality. But, let’s just say that about 30% of children doing the course CA are very hard working and smart like my sister but in order to maintain the craze of this profession, the members of the institutes have it in their policy to do some moderation in the result. That means they are allowed to change the results, they pass very less proportion of the candidates applied. Like in this attempt they passed only 1% of the candidates who gave the exam. ARE YOU FU**ING SERIOUS?! 1%?!! I know that most of you will have this reaction even if you’re not a part of CA or commerce as a whole. Think about the students going through this. The students who are smart and intelligent and who have the passion to do anything they want, they often get demotivated after giving just one exam. And you know what’s worse? The institute of Charted accountant of India provides some suggested answers which the students can use as a supplementary study material. Sounds good? But here’s the twist, some answers of the suggested answers are also wrong. So if a student comes after studying the official answers provided by ICAI, he might even fail and on the other hand a student who didn’t study might pass. One of my sisters friends, who was average in studies passed the exam even though she thought that she’ll fail, and now she is working in one of the top companies. My sister, on the other hand, was sure that she will not only pass with flying colours but will get a rank below 50 in more than 35000-40000 students.

It sucks seeing a state topper ( yeah, my sister was in the top 1% of the toppers of the state, she came third.) cursing ICAI for not being fair.

This blog was not only for ICAI but a message to all the members of the professions who think that just to improve their result, they can play with the lives of smart students who deserve much more than failing in an exam in which they could actually achieve a rank. Before failing a rank deserving student just remember that students want fair marking not moderation and children are nowadays generally not interested to be a part of a profession that does not treat them fairly.

I hope you think about the distress you’re causing students who are probably even better than you when it comes to IQ.

Thank you!

Advertisements

30 Comments Add yours

1. nobrain9 says:

what the f^(&.. Are you joking? They just fail students to retain their reputation? Not fair.. Not fair at all….

Liked by 4 people

1. Arushi says:

Exactly my point… they’re playing with the future of several thousands of students.

Liked by 2 people

2. Alien Poet says:

this is very to know that they fail the students…really difficult to digest

Liked by 3 people

1. Arushi says:

Yeah! There have been protests regarding this before too. This time it’s just too much, so much that even the teachers are posting YouTube videos regarding the injustice done to students, ICAI will surely take action after all it’s the most prestigious professional institution in India, it wouldn’t want it’s image to spoil.

Liked by 3 people

1. Alien Poet says:

that’s how we develop skills in India..im not sure if any big world institute does that

2. Alien Poet says:

i see many CA stduenst in the bloggign world..

3. Arushi says:

Oh yes they are pretty good in managing time… I’ve seen a few myself.

Liked by 2 people

4. Alien Poet says:

😛 good..n u r frm?

5. Alien Poet says:

great..i hv a blogger friend from delhi. nice to meet u

3. wisemystic says:

Not pursuing CA was the best decision of my life.

Liked by 3 people

1. Arushi says:

I suppose it was. It would have wasted a lot of time. But it’s a great course, if only the moderation policy is removed then it would be the most popular and liked course as well

1. wisemystic says:

Mine were some different reasons though.

2. wisemystic says:

First I had to run my family and pay for my studies so I couldn’t afford to put my whole day at a CA’s office as an intern without any stipend
        Second the years it takes are too long and that too without the guarantee to get passed. Most probably it takes almost a decade cuz only a few gets passed and in order to attempt multiple times i had no time.
        Third and most important I realised much later in life that I don’t want to be an Accountant after having a long career in this field.

3. Arushi says:

Well at least you left CA and followed your passion right? That’s what most people aren’t till date able to do….they still do CA only because it’s prestigious not because they want to do it.

4. wisemystic says:

I never opted for CA. I was in fact never inclined to do any commerce related job. Whatever decision I took was perfect for me though it didn’t seem so at that time.

4. Arushi says:

I get it

Liked by 2 people

5. Nameera says:

Yeah I remember a professional who once told me about the unfair practices ICAI adopts to maintain less number of pass outs, making sure the difficulty standards remain intact. But what’s wrong is wrong, no amount of explanation or logic can make it right. This is really discouraging & eventually I think that our country will loose out on some deserving candidates.

Liked by 2 people

1. Arushi says:

Yeah.. though the day before yesterday ICAI took an initiative to ask students what change do they want. It’s a great course with Amazing knowledge but failing students for no reason is highly unfair. I hope ICAI realizes it’s mistake.

1. Nameera says:

Yeah, I really hope they do. I don’t think it’s better to hold to such policies in the long run.

2. Arushi says:

True that.

6. Chiru says:

Seriously.. do they fail ppl puposely… that’s bad..

Liked by 2 people

7. This is cruel and must surely surely break some laws and regulations. I would start with human rights legislation…

1. Arushi says:

True. And now because of collective teacher-student protests, and criticism, ICAI is thinking of new policies to improve themselves. I suppose that at this rate, ICAI will surely do something to keep it’s prestige and honour.
      Due to this cruelty the no. of student enrollment has reduced from about 40k to 6k in one year. I hope they do realize their loss

Liked by 1 person

8. Happy to read a Blog by a non CA student writing for the Issues of CA students.
    Keep it up.

1. Arushi says:

Well I do believe that bringing out issues of the country for improvement is always a good move